Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Still Willing to Say Yes

Previous post notwithstanding, I'm in this business, at least partially, for the new experiences it affords.  Recently I was contacted by someone on etsy looking for a custom embroidered patch - did I do this?  Well, no, I thought.  Why, yes!  I responded.

Ok, it's not, as consultants would say, my core business.  On the other hand, I need to amortize the cost of this extremely expensive embroidery machine, and I have nothing else pressing at the moment.  So here I am, on a rainy Monday morning, with my digitized file, some gray felt, and an order for 11 patches.  And if it goes well, why not add it as an off-shoot?  Maybe, just maybe, I could find a niche in the massive on-line mall that is etsy and thereby create a vehicle for showcasing what is my core business.  Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment