Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

GACS - Gack!

Just back from the GA Association of College Stores (GACS) annual meeting and vendor show.  Of course, the proof of the pudding is in the sales, but my impression is, not worth the time or money, much less the 2-1/2 hour drive up and back in the mountains in the rain.

I find it a little depressing to run into the same sales reps.  They're extremely nice, don't get me wrong.  They're fun-loving and very generous with their advice.  But to think of being on the "sales circuit" and seeing the group of people from meeting to meeting...well, I didn't get into this business to become a traveling salesman.  On the other hand, it is an efficient way to meet my target clients face-to-face without going store-to-store.  I don't know...

Took a couple of pictures of my table with my phone - if only I knew how to transfer it.  This weekend's project.

No comments:

Post a Comment