Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Watch That Delete Button

My task for today is to recreate my catalog.  Why?  Because I deleted it a couple of weeks ago.  Even as I type these words I can hardly believe I did something so stupid.  One second of thoughtlessness resulting in hours of wasted labor.  Note to self:  when the computer asks if I'm sure I want to delete something, THINK ABOUT IT!  And why is it that I didn't realize what I'd done until after I'd emptied the recycle bin?  I couldn't have thought of it a second before, instead?

I remember when I was at Security Pacific back in the olden days of floppy drives, and I mistakenly erased my c: (i.e., hard) drive instead of the a: (i.e., floppy disk) drive.  Not once, but twice.  25 years later and it seems that I haven't learned much. 

Some people keep absolutely everything - all their emails, every little scrap of data, each file ever created.  I have the opposite compulsion - out with the old, the useless!  As a general rule I don't think it's so bad, but every so often it bites me in the butt.  This is one of those times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment