Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sales Efforts Paying Off

Hmm, I guess I got busy...I'll blame it on the trip to Cuba, which was fabulous.


Things are moving more or less according to plan.  There's been progress on the Whole Foods front - my vendor application was approved!  Now I just need to be put into their system.  It's been 2 weeks and it seems I'm not in yet; 2 follow-up emails have had no visible effect.  Very frustrating.

From Our Cave to Yours
In the meantime, I'm concentrating on my wine bottle bags.  Have sold to 3 wine stores now, plus Hafner, with interest from others.  I'm steeling myself to make 5 cold calls a day; not overly ambitious, I admit, but pretty good for me.  Getting a lot of requests for info/photos that I hope will turn into orders.  Learned, however, that this is the slow season for wine sellers.  I guess that makes sense.  Will have more interest closer toward the holidays.

Had a good chat with Michael at Western Washington University, let him know what I was up to with respect to the new laptop sleeve design.  He was encouraging, said there was a lot of interest in the bags but the price seemed to discourage them (he's sold about half of what he bought).  They should like the new price point a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment