Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2011

Etsy Search Ads

Etsy has started offering search ads and I've decided to try it out at the lowest level, $5/week, for 4 weeks.  So far it seems to be paying off.  In the first 3 days (this being early on the 3rd day), I've spent $1.51 for 1,571 impressions, from which 4 views, 1 favorite, and - most important - 1 sale.

What I don't understand is how it's going to help anyone if everyone is buying search ads.  Of course, not everyone will, but they delayed rolling it out for a day to accommodate all the sellers who were signing up.  Seems like we're right back where we started, only now we're paying for it!

Sold!  with custom embroidery
Is this really a tool to help sellers or one to help generate more revenue for etsy?  Time will tell.  For now, obviously, I've recouped my investment, so I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment