Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

A day in the life...

Today started with a trip to Cleveland to buy 3 spools of embroidery thread and 2 light bulbs for my photography lights.  Got all the embroidery threaded and launched the 30 patches I need to do - they look great!  Threads are breaking from time to time but overall things are going pretty smoothly.

While babysitting the embroidery machine I am finally able to start focusing on the set-up of my work room.  Dom helped me put up one of my Elfa shelves and I think I know how I want to organize my fabrics:  I'm going to dedicate a shelf to each product, with cut pieces - bodies, flaps, straps - and finished products.  That will help me to see how much raw material I have for each product and when I need to start processing more.  Plus I'll be more prepared when I get a wholesale order.

Need to finish the process of matching bodies to flaps to straps for products other than sandwich bags.  Then I need to store the material I don't need for the time being so it's not taking up a lot of space in the workroom.  Plus I have to get my photography area set up; I have quite a few products to shoot and list.

And I haven't even started on the administrative/marketing/financial tasks I should be taking care of...But it's nearly midnight, so I'll save that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment