Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Marketing Plan

I think I'm finally understanding how to use the marketing plan I got from the Get Clients Now workshop I attended several months ago.  Although there are peripheral marketing activities that I can and should engage in - networking, for example - the number one thing I need to do is make phone calls.  It's paying off beautifully for my wine bottle bags and there's no reason to think it won't work as well for the other products.

So now my first 3 marketing activities are all around calling - first, follow up all outstanding calls; second, make 10 new cold calls; and third, research new stores to call the following day.  Since they're on a list, it's pretty certain I'll do them.

Of course, I really need to up my cold calls.  I started with 5/day, then 6, now 10.  But I just did 10 calls and it only took 13 minutes, not really enough time.  It's getting toward noon now which tends to be busy for wine stores, but I need to make a bunch of afternoon follow up calls so I'll tack on another 10 cold calls at that time.

Right now, however, I need to fill my order from Mac's Beer & Wine, received yesterday.  I think that makes 7 stores now!

No comments:

Post a Comment