Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

It's back-to-school season

I'm pretty much wrapping up the wine bag business for the time being, although I still have a few outstanding prospects to either close or put on hold.  Will take it up again in October for the holiday gift-giving season.

For back-to-school (BTS, for those in the biz), I have 2 products now:  the old laptop sleeves, and now the reusable sandwich bags.  Still knocking hard on WFM's door so I don't miss their buying season altogether.  Today I discovered yet another layer as the **** continues to roll downhill.  Maybe she'll have the answer to the missing vendor...?

In addition, I've got samples/applications going to Sevananda, Earth Fare, and United Natural Foods, and I've already been in touch with Return to Eden.  Hopefully one or more will be interested.

And I've started recontacting my friends at the Georgia university bookstores, not to mention Michael and Joshua in Washington, Walt in Ohio, Rinaldo in NY, and various contacts in California.  I hope the new and improved (read:  lower) price of the streamlined sleeves will appeal to them.  My wholesale sales goal for the month is 10; I'm 10% of the way there (thanks, Krista), but it's going to take a lot of calls to make it.  Fortunately, there are a whole lot of schools out there and I've become the queen of cold calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment